Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Just Cant Have Nice Things!

My husband and I say this to each other in a funny Texan accent every time our independent, and not-so-careful two year old destroys something of value in our house. Granted, he's two, but it just seems like more often than not, we are having to replace, revamp or simply get rid of something we once loved. This morning was no exception.

My husband Brian is totally into making fresh fruit smoothies every morning and therefore Caleb "needs" some too. So every morning, Daddy makes him a special cup of that morning's fruit flavor surprise. Well, you can see where this is going already...I had to take the top off his sippy cup this morning b/c Caleb told me "not workin' Mommy" (his way of saying the smoothie was too thick to come out). So, against my better judgement, I took the top off and told him to be extra careful as I watched his every move. A few minutes later I got up to pee and soon heard this screech coming from the living room. Caleb is totally destroyed, sitting next to his pile of fresh fruit smoothie all over my beautiful living room rug, saying "I pill, Mommy!" Yup - you sure did! I suppose it is my fault for letting him have the drink in the living room in the first place, but he cant see Finding Nemo or Cars from the kitchen table and those movies are my only sanity so I can at least take a shower every morning. "We just cant have nice things!" I swear we should buy stock in carpet cleaner!

I digress to the Bachelorette. So I totally have my hubby hooked! Now that American Idol and LOST are over for the season, this is something I can look forward to on Monday nights. So far we are loving the show and have our favorites for who she will choose (Graham or Jason), who is a total dork (Twilly) and who is way too pretentious (Jeremy). Gosh, when did I become such a TV junkie? I guess with three kids under the age of three we spend most nights at home. With summer beginning to pour over us I dont see that changing anytime soon. Ah, well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! We might have to borrow that phrase from you guys! Just yesterday while I was getting ready for the day, one son broke a closet door, another son broke a mini guitar that wasn't his and not to mention the dog has already scratched up the new couch! Thank goodness we invested in the 5-year protection plan!

Love that you are doing the blog. I had plans for one, but...um, yep, maybe one day!

Looking forward to seeing new entries and photos of my AZ family!

Love you all...Sharla.