Monday, March 23, 2009

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

In church this weekend our Children's Ministry ran the services. At one point in the message one of the speakers, and a friend of mine, Carey, had the lyrics to Jesus Loves Me up on the screen. She had all of us sing it out loud to resonate how much Jesus truly does love us, and realize that timeless song is not just for kids in a Sunday School class.

As I sang the words, I just bowed my head and let the words penetrate my heart. I know deep down that Jesus loves me, but I think so often I get caught up in him loving everyone else and forgot how much those words in our incredible are for ME too! I fill my thoughts with my kids and how fearfully and wonderfully made they are. I forget that Jesus loves me, too, just as much as he loves my babies. I am a child of God!

Jesus Loves Me This I know
For the Bible Tells Me So
Little Ones to Him Belong
They are Weak But He is Strong
Yes Jesus Loves Me
Yes Jesus Loves Me
Yes Jesus Loves Me
The Bible Tells Me So

No comments: