Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Funny Bugs & Princesses

Caleb began his new class for the Fall at The Little Gym last night. I was slightly apprehensive b/c we decided to move him up to the 3-4 year old class (nicknamed the Funny Bugs!). My little fearless jumper/climber is ready for more of a challenge, but when you graduate to the 3-year old class, you lose out on having mom and dad in the giant room with you. Well, he did AMAZING! It was such an emotional moment for me, watching his new teacher take his hand and lead him into the room with kids who just tower over him. Caleb wont be three until the beginning of November, but after watching him listen and follow directions for the entire hour, the Director and new teachers all agreed that he is definitely ready! I was so proud and so excited watching him attempt all the new tricks. He only had one little stumble that called for a mom kiss and drink of water, but right back into the giant gym, he went! Grandpa got to the be there too, for his first class as a Funny Bug.

So this morning, I am in my usual "running late" mode trying to get three kids ready for preschool and myself ready for work. Caleb has been waking up at 5:30 a.m. for months now so trying to keep him occupied for 2.5 hours in the morning is a challenge. One of the last things I had to do this morning before walking out the door was put on some bottoms! Caleb walked in my room and was really getting ancy so I put him on the task of finding mommy some pants. After a few choices that were not even close to matching the shirt I had on (bless his heart), I picked out a white skirt and said "what about this?" He saw this skirt, and said "Mommy, you look like a princess!" My heart just melted! I have the sweetest little Peety in the world!!

No comments: